Wednesday, January 11, 2012

How can I go from looking like a poor scruffy student to a professional?

I'm 26 Black African, Female UK and the truth is I look terrible at the moment. I have been under a lot of stress and it shows on my face (+new grey hairs). I have a tendancy to lose weight when under stress and I have gone from a size 10 (55kg) to a gaunt size 4 (45kg). I am finding it hard to put the weight back on. After having a baby my breasts deflated and sagged. I feel like I look awful. All my clothes are quite old and most of them hang off me now.



I am a law student and I want to look the part of a potential trainee solicitor. I don't know what to do. I know good quality clothes are usually in wool or cotton and quite expensive. I can not afford to go to places even like Marks and Spencer for clothes, and while things from the market are cheap and cheerful they do not usually last long and are generally cheap looking. Charity shops dont have my size.



My hair's also quite wild but I have spent a bit of 拢 on it and it looks OK, but not great. Suggestions PleaseHow can I go from looking like a poor scruffy student to a professional?
this is the link to a yahoo group i started not long ago. i have a clothing list on it that will help you. you have to join but i don't send junk mail to you so don't worry about that. i will post any information you need, just let me know. if you join i will put links on that i have to help soon to be pros get clothes.



http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/hot鈥?/a>

hot-tips : Beauty Truth And TipsHow can I go from looking like a poor scruffy student to a professional?
Can you afford just one good outfit from a place like Marks and Spencer? Get a plain but elegant suit. Then keep going to different charity shops and look for accessories - the suit with a different blouses and scarfs will add some variety. It may be worth charging it - once you get the job, you will be able to pay the credit card off. Just make sure you can meet the minimum payment in the meantime.



And I'd check out the charity shops in larger cities in the nicer part of town. They seem to have a bit nicer clothes. And cheer up - confident body language and a smile go a long way!



Also, if you haven't shopped for clothes like this before, observe some people in the role that you want - what do female solicitors wear? Take note of their clothes so you you can pick out appropriate things when you do go to shop. Wool suit would be a good choice, but many modern synthetics or synthetic blends are very nice fabrics as well. Pay attention to how it looks and feels, more than worrying about what the label says.

No comments:

Post a Comment