Wednesday, January 11, 2012

How much is my horse worth? (Yes, I have already asked this once, but I have more info on him and PICS!)?

Hi there. I am wondering how much my gelding is worth because I may sell him this coming up Spring because I might have to get a smaller horse so my little sister can ride more, or may have to keep him and get another one. Information on my horse is below.



Bandit is a non-registered Thoroughbred or Appendix gelding. He is 17.0 hh, 13.5 years old and is a flea-bitten grey horse. He is a well broke, beginner kids horse. He is very easy to catch, halters well, ties for hours, lets little kids groom him for hours, bathes well, trailers like a dream, bridles easily, farriers, etc. Bandit is broke to ride Western, English and bareback. I am not totally sure if he is broke to drive or not because I don't have the equipment. (I bought him from a auction market). Bandit has had a couple incidents. First of all, he has got cut up in wire last year but has been vet-checked and has healed up well. Second of all, he has stepped on a nail last August and has been vet checked. The vet says he will not be able to be ridden til Spring, but will heal properly because since we handled it well. (We gave him anti-biotics, spray that makes injuries heal faster, and a lot of dresser cream as well as Epson salt in warm water). Vet says he will recover for sure.



(I live in Alberta, Canada - Last question people were getting mad cause I didn't have my location..)



Pictures :



http://s759.photobucket.com/albums/xx238鈥?/a>



http://s759.photobucket.com/albums/xx238鈥?/a>





Please NO rude comments,



Thanks!How much is my horse worth? (Yes, I have already asked this once, but I have more info on him and PICS!)?
I would price him at about $1,000 at most. I would personally only pay about $500. He doesn't have incredible skills that would push him along in the market today. Not being registered keeps his price below $3,000. He is getting older. 14 is starting to get somewhat old in the horse world. Granted, 14 for a thoroughbred is not bad, but many people are looking more in the 2-10 range. The broke point keeps him above $100. The 17hh keeps him from being a stellar beginner horse, though. Many lesson programs don't want something that tall because they can't put little kids on something like that. The wire cut doesn't concern me much, however the still healing nail wound really shoots his price down. People don't want to pay for an injured horse, even if he will recover. I would personally wait until spring to sell him so that you can get the highest price possible. People don't want to pay much for a horse they can't ride.
He's unregistered and unsound. He's also not that impressive and even if he was sound, would not be worth much.



As is, he is worth absolutely nothing.



If he was sound, he would be worth a few hundred tops because he's safe for kids.How much is my horse worth? (Yes, I have already asked this once, but I have more info on him and PICS!)?
He is priceless.

He has given you so much joy, love, and light. You should not sell this sweet gelding.



And in this economy... as far as "real" money goes, he's "worth" hardly $700.

Nobody can afford horses anymore and selling them is extremely difficult- if not impossible.
how much some one will pay!!How much is my horse worth? (Yes, I have already asked this once, but I have more info on him and PICS!)?
While he's unsound you'll probably only get about 200 for him as a companion horse, when he is sound maybe 1000. He's not registered and you havn't mentioned any show record ect that would increase his value. Also, I wouldn't really advertise a 17hh horse as a beginners kids horse, he's pretty big and you'll probably only get adult intrested in buying him, most beginner kids ride ponies not huge TB's.
Being in Alberta and the economy not being to bad I would price him to sell at $1,500 but be open to offers.

He is getting up there in age so won't be good for anything at a high level since he doesn't seem to have the training.

Him being un-registered effects his price as well.

His height and age will most likely turn people away that would be wanting a TB or TBx.

The amount of injuries he has had also effects his price.

I just bought a 4 yr old 16.1hh appendix gelding, registered AQHA will mature at 16.3-17hh for $500 because he has a small scar on his leg which doesn't allow him to compete in hunters. I bought him for jumpers anyways.

Since you bought him at an auction people will look the other way since that normally means that you dont know his full background.

In the spring after he is completely sound and healed I would put him up for sale at $1500 obo.

No comments:

Post a Comment