Saturday, January 14, 2012

Wear can I sell a sweater made from belly button fluff?

It is been a tradition in the small English village where I grew up, to give as a present on Oak apple or "Pinch bum" day the 29th May, a sweater made from your own belly button fluff and the belly button fluff of members of your family, celebrities or civic dignitaries. Fluff collecting is a timeless ritual and is best done against the will of the fluffee by the fluffer, the fluff is then spun and knitted into an Arran style sweater..

Most sweaters are a strange homogeneous grey colour but the one I have to sell is a shade of pink as it was contributed to by members of the Welsh Guards Regiment, Transvaal detachment as featured in the Movie "Zulu", the uniforms being bright red cotton serge. It is over 160 years old and very fluffy.

I would like to sell the sweater to raise money for the Tergloppin Society.

If anyone knows of an appropriate market place for naval lint garments, I would be totally amazed.Wear can I sell a sweater made from belly button fluff?
stop trying to get on unfriendable

No comments:

Post a Comment