Thursday, January 19, 2012

University Of Michigan Ann Arbor, Should I Go There?

Okay, I'm asking this because I have a high 3 gpa, ect, and the credentials to get in, plus I'm minority female and have two relatives who are alumni, and Michigan is open to legacy.



But the thing is, Michigan as a state kind of sucks right now. The weather is just awful-cold with snow (I live in the south), it's gray and dull there, foreclosures and poor job market and unusually high crime.



I grew up there and moved down here but most of my family still lives there.



I feel I have a 90% chance of getting in but do you think it's worth it because I'll have to live in Michigan? I know the school is recognized and that would help me a lot, but it's just....the state of Michigan:(((



What would you do if it were "you"? Thanks so much fore answering:)University Of Michigan Ann Arbor, Should I Go There?
well Michigan is constantly ranked as one of the best public schools in the world. It has winners of the Nobel Prize in every category. The education they give is fantastic. Ann Arbor as a city is not bad at all. Yes the winters can get cold but it's good to experience that kind of winter since you're from the South. There are many things to do in the city and it is really lively.



Many people would give anything to be able to go there and if you get accepted I would definitely attend.University Of Michigan Ann Arbor, Should I Go There?
i'd never be a wolverine and live in michigan but apply and see what happens.University Of Michigan Ann Arbor, Should I Go There?
If you can get into U of M, absolutely do it! It is one of the best schools in the country, especially if you're getting into the medical field.



Michigan weather isn't so bad. It changes constantly, so once you get sick of the snow it's back to hot, humid summer days.
Well U of M has a lot of great programs, and they are great at getting their graduates good jobs (not necesarily in Michigan). I have been to Ann Arbor and it is nothing like Detroit. Its a typical college town, and the campus is very beautiful. You wont feel like youre in Michigan other than the weather, but unless you want to stay in the south youre going to have to face the wind and snow at one point or another. Id say go for it, U of M is a great school. I think it may be the top public university in the nation, if not, its very close.

No comments:

Post a Comment