Thursday, January 19, 2012

What do you think of my poem? : )?

Please don't leave trite comments like "it's good" or "it sucks" tell me why it sucks or why it's good and what you like/dislike about it, what I could do to improve, where it needs work, where it succeeds etc etc. Thank you for you time and consideration. Much love to all my fellow poets out there.



(Title)

ODE TO MY CABLE NEWS NETWORK WRITTEN WHILE WATCHING THE $1500 TAX CREDITED SUNSET FOR ONLY A WINK FROM MY NEW WINDOW FRESHLY INSTALLED BY BOB, JIM, AND DALE AT VINYL REPLACEMENT WINDOWS %26amp; PATIO DOORS BY VISTA



(POEM)

Oh! The passion that lurks within the misty wood, Where milky white, blushing lilies giggle sweetly in whose golden cups bees dream as they should, Ecstasy in its highest most hallowed form! Cherry red Blossoms burst fitfully amongst humble underbrush like ballerinas begging to perform, Full of youth (times stubborn yet doomed foe) and innocence (son of sin) mad like frenzied schoolchildren drunk with the glory of dreamy afternoons Napping beside the towering oak-trees blending in deep maroons who like golden gods provide awe and inspiration thundering like typhoons! On whose craggy cadaver green dews drip sighing for the sun and adding to the scattered perfume oriental palaces outdone with inviting cushions of velvet fantasy, In the damp chestnut coolness the lark steals a glance from the bowing branch poised with ghostly silence, The crow envious of all cracks the air stiff with brooding nightly presence, While the rejected moon high in heaven impatient as the wind attempts a lonely grin spilling silvered lust upon the damp heavy earth. Ah! This land of Skyscrapers built from and for love, for the singing dove honey dove! Why go back to the thoughtless price tagged globe constructed and shoved with sinful hands for greedy demands, our fading empires becoming wastelands this dank rollback muck of prices, clanking metal, rusted steel locomotives roaring, I hear an old fuzzy recording of broken industrial tongues while you and I squirm and writhe searching for some kind of romance amongst eggplant inspirations longing for your heart amongst the dirty cigaretted Dorito neighborhood streets grey and coarse where yellow and dim lay the markets past the sad blue automobiles next to freshly mown stinking grass, and neatly trimmed gardens performing for neighborhood contests, antennas like maggots on corpses line the houses on our block, our windows tightly closed, curtains frightfully shut for the black sunset, skeletons wobble a single daisy I saw with a dead fly in her ear, a child weeping from the bluest of eyes an oozing soggy petroleum tear while his mother comforts him so “it’s only a dream you have nothing to fear”What do you think of my poem? : )?
Sort of confused. I liked it. I'm not one to judge poems though. I liked it. %26amp; I don't get why isn't there any stanzas? Anyways I thought it was nice because it was very descriptive at first I didn't understand. Then as I read on I began to understand it more. :)What do you think of my poem? : )?
ahh it's all mushed together and I have a shorter than short attention span. Put it in lines and i'll read it k?

No comments:

Post a Comment