Saturday, January 14, 2012

I've painted myself into a corner. Help?

I recently decided to paint my bedroom from its customary blue-grey color to a more exciting tone. I chose a really bright, sunshine-y yellow for one wall, and the rest are an off-white/taupe-ish color. Trouble is, I don't know how to decorate the rest of the room! I mean, what in the world goes with yellow? I don't want to do another neutral...



I want my room to be global/eclectic/Indian-inspired. And bright. Think World Market.



Existing furniture:

two large bookshelves in a medium-dark walnutty tone.



That's it! Please, please help me.I've painted myself into a corner. Help?
You can easily go with deep orange, purple and primary blue for the accent colors, especially since you have the taupe to tone things down a bit. They all play well with yellow and will create a bright, eclectic and coordinated color scheme.I've painted myself into a corner. Help?
It sounds like you are on the right track with the furniture. You might also try adding some art to the walls with a mix of contrasting colors and a med to dark frame to give the room some pop. You could also try adding a few med-dark leafy plants and some curtains with contrasting trim or pattern.I've painted myself into a corner. Help?
.
I would put blues or browns with yellow.
  • p411
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment