Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My stupid carpet cannot be cleaned, what would you do?

So I have a house we bought 4 years ago and the owner did not take care of it. The owner was whisked off to a home and her son managed the sale as guardian, didn't spend a dime to repair it until it was on the market for over a year when he made minor improvements probably at the begging of his realtor.



One of the "improvements" was that he put in a carpet for the cheapest amount possible. The carpet is horrible, it sheds and it holds every stain known to man. Oh yes, it's a pale beige so you can see everything. Regular length cheap carpet, not marbled or berber, just your basic cheap beige carpet.



Fast forward several years, we never got the money to replace it and we have kids and dogs and the carpet's gotten worse. We have a wonderful cannister Bissel and in the past it's worked its little heart out and gotten the floor so clean.



But this summer I'm doing my Bisseling and it's ridiculous, most of the large stains (spilled soda, deeply embedded mud) are coming out BUT there's a horrible greyish marbling effect in the carpet that appears to be widespread. It appears to be your wear marks not spills or food that seems to be coming out ok. I've been giving it the twice and three times over with the Bissel and these grey marbled stains are not budging. I am using hot tap water with the hose and a hot water solution of the formula (ours is the pet one 2x concentrate) and I'm not sure what's going on.



1) is the carpet just too cheap/old/miserable to be cleaned?

2) am I using the wrong kind of soap?

3) do I need to pretreat it or something? My time is really valuable and I'm not sure how much I can take before I give up.My stupid carpet cannot be cleaned, what would you do?
Crappy carpet is the start of your problem, which isn't your fault. A bunch of people will probably freak out at this suggestion, but I know from experience it really does work. I had a dog that took 3 years to housebreak, and needless to say the carpet was filthy. I shampooed the carpet with a 50?50 solution of water and mr.clean floor cleaner (any scent will work) and then about 2-3 tablespoons of dawn dish soap. You can also pretreat the area with mr.clean for better effects. Not only does this knock out odors, there will be no stain left at all. I used this on a white carpet and it worked beautifully. Good Luck!My stupid carpet cannot be cleaned, what would you do?
Carpeting is impossible to get really clean. I took 1 room at a time, took up the carpeting and disposed of it. I replaced it with vinyl tiles in some areas and ceramic tiles in high traffic areas. This was done over a period of several years (as I could afford it). I put throw rugs in places where I needed them. When these get "grungy" I throw them away and get new ones. The smooth floors are a snap to clean and even smells clean.My stupid carpet cannot be cleaned, what would you do?
I dont think your machine can handle those stains and the solution is more then likely making it worse by adding residue. You might try renting a steam machine from uhaul. I find those work really good and they are like 20 bucks for the day. The rug doc is a piece of crap if you ask me they need to destroy them all. But when you clean with the steam machines they get so so hot and do a real good job.
Use Genesis 950. It is the only cleaner I have found to remove stains (paint stains, tomato soup, A-1 steak sauce, dog urine %26amp; vomit, juice, ect.). It works to get into the stain and break the bonds. Once this happens the stain can be lifted. I would suggest if your carpet is as bad as it is use the steam cleaner on the carpets with 950 in it. It will pull all the dirt and stains out of your carpet and make it look new. It is inexpensive and something you can do in a day. Save yourself the headache from trying other things that don't work. This will. I order it online at www.amerikalstore.com.
  • catalytic converter
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment